PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 10 Rocking The Boat




Like it or not, God has enlisted us in His navy and placed us right in the very center of His ship.  The boat has but one purpose - and that is to carry us safely to the other shore.

This is no cruise ship - it's a battleship.  And most days, I feel like it is right on the front lines of a war that has been waged against me, my family, and the very character of God.  I read the other day something that touched my heart.  It was about the battle for our mind.  It said, 'all the water in the ocean cannot sink a ship unless it gets inside.'  And that, my friends, cannot be any more true than when we think about the battle for our very minds.


Ephesians 6:12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

I am reminded today that we are not on a cruise ship - cruise ships are for leisure, relaxation and vacation.  We aren't on vacation friends - we are on 'service duty.'  We were left here as women who love our Lord, and women who have a deep desire to SERVE.  In some of the chapters of our lives that is easier said than done.  Lately I feel as though I have followed Him across the gangplank of Grace - right into the stormy sea!  But I take great pleasure in serving Him, even in the midst of the stormy sea!  I have been working doubly hard at remembering that when I am in the heat of the battle, I have to stay focused on His word, be surrounded by His people on the ship, continue to study and read the SOP of this battleship. 

He knows me, and I love how He keeps offering those life preservers out to me in the stormy sea.  Those words of encouragement, those little verses of inspiration that so speak to my situation and make me smile.  Those cards from family and friends when I least expect them in the very heat of the battle.  That brings be great joy!

Though the battle is fierce and rocky, the boat is safe, for our Captain is GOD!  This ship will not sink, for that is the most certain thing that I know!  While I may not understand the current situation of the ship, I have to trust the One who does.  And it brings me great joy to know I don't have to know everything.  I just have to know there is a plan, and God has every last detail worked out to lead this ship safely to the other shore. 

Joy in the storm.  Isn't that the  c  r  a  z  i  e  s  t  thing!  I love knowing I can keep on serving Him and resting in His care.  I've read the end of the story.  And I know how this battle ends.  In victory for all of us who trust the Captain to lead us to the other shore!

What battleplan are you studying today that is giving you great comfort and joy?

More joy for your journey,

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment