PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 14 Simple Joy from Above





I haven't always understood the Bible.  Some of the verses didn't make sense to me as a young girl.  How could they?  I lived in a home where there wasn't much joy or laughter most of the time.  My mother took us to church to learn about Jesus, and then in the evenings she was busy shielding us from my Dad most of the time.  So "do whatever you do as unto the Lord" really didn't resonate with me at all.

Over the years, God has opened my heart of understanding to His world of scripture and I so enjoy discovering new things (guess that is why that call it the living Word of God!)  Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as something done for the Lord and not for men. Knowing with all certainty that it is from the Lord (and not from men) that you will receive the inheritance which is your real reward. The one whom you are actually serving is the Lord Christ, the Messiah!  Colossians 3:23-24

If doing something as unto the Lord is your motivation, then you desire to do it to the best of your ability, heartily! Yesterday was a great example of that for me.  I spent the entire day with an elderly friend (precious woman of God), helping to create a wreath that will be used for her Women's Conference to decorate her table, I had an amazing day that blessed both of us!  I so enjoyed helping her choose every last detail that fit into her vision, and then coming back to my home to put all together with wire and glue.  She so enjoyed spending time in my  c  r  a  z  y   house full of kids, because hers are long-gone and her grandchildren are sprinkled all over the USA.  We laughed and glued and ate.  And to God be the glory for the joy He brought her (and me) yesterday!

At the end of the day, you are a happier person because you did a good job and did not have expectations, the person you are helping is happier because you did a great job, and God gets the glory.


Do whatever you do as unto the Lord!

 
Whether it's washing dishes or decorating a wreath, do it as unto the Lord today!  Jesus made it simple for us.  Well, for me anyway! 
 
More joy for your journey,
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment